My encountered metaphors:
- "It's supposed to rain cats and dogs this week!"
- "Break a leg!"
- "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."
- "He's giving her the cold shoulder."
- "The ball is in her court."
- "She's as blind as a bat."
- "I have a bone to pick with you."
- "You're as busy as a bee."
- "You bit off more than you can chew, Brittany!"
- "I have bigger fish to fry."
- "Well, I'm going to get out of your hair."
We use metaphors for different reasons. I feel one reason we use them is to portray a message in a more lighthearted way. For example, instead of saying, "I want to leave." we can say it a little nicer by saying, "Well, I am going to get out of your hair."