Thursday, February 3, 2011

Comments for Teachers 1

I was assigned Royan Lee's "The Spicy Learning Blog" for my comments for teachers assignment. The first post I commented on was titled "I Heart Chart Paper and Sharpies". In his post, he discusses the different high-tech tools that can be used to do digital collaboration, mind mapping, and brainstorming. He talks about how easy it is to access these tools but that it is also good to use the "old fashioned" pen and paper. He makes a very true point that "When you get groups working with these tools, behavior is physical and social, a great combination for learning."

My response to this blog post was total agreement. I think it would be a blessing to be able to work in a school system that can afford to have technology incorporated and provided in the classroom. I also think that it is important to know how to do things without technology. Putting pen to paper to come up with ideas is a great way for students to interact with each other and not only technology.

Conversation


The second post I commented on was titled "Conversation". In this post, Mr. Lee talks about the importance of conversation and how, "It makes learning extremely personalized yet collaborative, loud yet quiet."

I loved the "...loud yet quiet" part. Take a minute and let your mind wonder on what this could mean and the different ways "loud yet quiet" can be taken. I saw it as actual noise volumes but also as the size of your audience "hearing" what you say. A conversation face-to-face can be loud in volume, yet quiet in the sense of how many people are hearing you. However, a technological conversation, such as this, can be considered loud because it is viewable to people all over the world, so many people can "hear" what we have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment