Saturday, February 19, 2011

Blog Assignment 5

iPod touch
100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better 
By Valene


I have previously owned an iPod Touch and I now own an iPhone. Therefore, I have personally experienced the educational benefits of having such a device. I have downloaded study guides and audio summaries for several different classes and you can easily study on the go. There are so many different applications that can be downloaded and used to help teachers or students and it does not hurt that you can also have fun with these devices. Being able to purchase books for personal or educational use is easier and cheaper on these devices. You can get sparknotes, podcast help, and so much more!




podcasting logo
The Education Podcast Network

WOW! This website has so much information on podcasts. You can spend just a few minutes on this website and learn so much about podcasting. You can find out what a podcast is, how to make one, and view podcasts made by students and classes. There are so many podcasts on this site for your viewing which can help you learn more in case you are wanting to do your own podcast. I would definitely recommend this site to anyone wanting to do a podcast but not knowing where to start. I have a feeling I will be coming back to this website for my own personal use.



The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom
By Joe Dale

There are so many ways podcasting can be beneficial in a classroom, if used properly. Podcasting can make learning more fun for our students. As we all know by now, technology is an easy way to grasp a students attention because it plays such a big role in our lives today. Podcasting also allows students to be interactive with other students that are not in the same classroom. One of the biggest benefits I liked from this video was a child who is sick and unable to come to school. Instead of having to wait until they return to school to get their work, they can simply watch a podcast that explains the same material to them while they are at home. This will help prevent a child from getting too far behind while trying to feel better. Parents can also watch podcasts that explain instructions for assignments and know exactly how to help their child and know what their child is doing in the classroom. This video also provided helpful links about making podcasts.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, Kelsey. Podcasting is such a wonderful tool for the classroom. It is an awesome way to engage students and what a cool way to learn! I am not sure if you read the Eagle Nest blog but that was a THIRD GRADE class writing and recording podcasts and using them as a learning tool. It is so neat to see technology play out in classrooms and I can only hope that my classroom will be filled with such great technology as well.

    The website that teaches you to use your iPod to learn and study better was really neat. I wrote about that one on my blog too. Before taking this class I had no idea that iPods could be so beneficial!

    You learn something new every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like we may have you hooked on podcasting and that you will be a podcasting teacher. I hope so.

    And you certainly hooked on the iPhone and its apps. Go iSchool Initiative!.

    ReplyDelete