Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Blog Assignment 1

I am Kelsey Robinson, a nineteen year old University of South Alabama sophomore. I was born and raised in Mobile, Alabama. I attended parochial school for my elementary education and fell in love with the idea of being a teacher. I came home from kindergarten and told my mother I was going to be a Kindergarten teacher when I grew up. Over the years, I have researched and thought about various other careers but I always come back to teaching. Will I be a kindergarten teacher? Only time will tell, maybe slightly older children, but definitely the elementary age group. During high school, I worked at a daycare where I worked with four to five year old children. This experience re-ignited my love of children and my desire to teach them.
 
Outside of school what do I do? I love animals and have an adorable puppy named Mollie. She is my heart. Mollie shares my home with a Maine Coon kitten name O'Malley and a Bischon Frise named Sophie. I still live at home with my Mom, Laura, and my older sister, Kristen. I love to spend my free time reading, on the beach, or shopping.  
 
In a nut shell, I am very excited about the path I am on to be the best teacher I can be. I am as ready as I can be to face the challenges of EDM 310 and I sure hope I survive this semester!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kelsey! I've always wanted to teach kindergarten too, but lately I've changed my mind to first grade. I teach dance and that really showed me I was right about wanting to become a teacher, same with you and working at a daycare. Good luck!
    -Mary Katelin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kelsey!

    Welcome to EDM310!

    Excellent post, but just be sure to add pictures, complete with title and alt modifiers for all of your upcoming posts.

    I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts and hopefully getting to know you in lab this semester!

    - Allie

    ReplyDelete